Friday, March 30, 2012
Swanny's Killer Fajitas
* 1 lime, juiced
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
* 1/2 large red onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
* 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
* 1/4 cup sour cream, divided
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
* 1 cup shredded lettuce, divided
* 1/2 cup diced tomato, divided
1. Place chicken strips in a bowl and stir in lime juice, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper; marinate chicken for 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and pour in olive oil. Cook and stir red bell pepper and onion in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes; move vegetables to the outer edge of the skillet.
3. Place chicken strips with marinade in the center of the skillet and cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 3 minutes; cook and stir chicken and vegetables together until liquid in skillet has evaporated, about 2 more minutes. Set chicken and vegetables aside.
4. Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings. Enjoy
Serves 2-3 people
Find original recipe here.