Friday, April 20, 2012
Chicken Noodle Soup
* 1-1/4 cups wide egg noodles
* 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
* 6 cups chicken broth
* 1 cup water
* 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
* parsley flakes
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped carrots
* 1 large clove garlic, pressed
* 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1-1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
2. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
This came in my email box, today, from Allrecipes.
I've tried this recipe, it is good, but I've added several ingredients to the original, I doubled the cornstarch and it could be thicker still. I may keep searching but this will do in a pinch. If any of my friends or family have a recommendation, send me you favorite Chicken Soup Recipe.