Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fresh Strawberry Pie

I used this easy to make pie crust but feel free to use a pre-made graham here, it's still yummy and a bit quicker!

Crush 1 cup of strawberries with a fork in a small saucepan.  Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and strain.  Return juice to the pan.  In a separate small bowl whisk together 3/4 cup sugar with 4 Tbsp. of corn starch and a pinch of salt.  Sprinkle over strawberry juice while whisking.  Bring back to a boil and cook until clear and thick.  Chill.

Combine 4 cups sliced strawberries with the chilled strawberry sauce.  Pour into your choice of crust.  Top with 3 cups of fresh whipped cream and chill!

This is from my quilting board, you can find the original recipe here.

*** note:  I made this for Mother's Day and it was delicious!  It wasn't my best looking pie, I didn't like the look of the jelly holding it all together but the taste was great.   I will try reserving some strawberries for the end and try arranging them on top next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment