Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mexican Green Chili Rice



1 1/2 cups Brown or White Minute Rice
1 can chicken broth 14 oz.
1 can green chili enchilada sauce 10 oz.
1 Tblsp dried minced onion
1 can diced green chilis
1 can original Rotelle tomatoes
shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese for the top

  1. Drain liquid off tomatoes. (If you prefer a less spicy version, just omit the tomatoes.)
  2. Combine everything except the cheese in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
  3. Mix it all up and bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
  4. Top with shredded cheese and bake 5 more minutes until cheese has melted.


You can serve this with additional toppings if you like, such as fresh chopped tomatoes, guacamole, olives, sour cream, cooked chicken, etc.

Note I usually increase the recipe by using a 28 oz. can of green chili enchilada sauce, 2 cans of broth, 4 cups rice, and 2 Tblsp onion. I leave the green chilis and tomatoes the same as the original recipe.


*Beth's note:  This recipe sounds so good to me, although I would prefer to use whole grained rice, not minute rice.  I'm sure that would change everything.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I may give it a shot as is and then try to re-work it if I really like it.


This recipe comes from the Quilt Board. (As do many)

No comments:

Post a Comment