Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Carrot Cake (low sugar)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1- 1/4 cups applesauce, unsweetened
3/4 tsp Stevia Powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tsp vital wheat gluten
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease & flour (or spray with non-stick cooking spray) 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
3. Measure all dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
4. In separate bowl, measure wet ingredients, except carrots, and beat
5. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
6. Stir in Carrots.
7. Fold in nuts.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick
inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and
Copyright: Helen Sherburne
Serving Size : 12 units
WW PointsPlus 7 pts
This recipe came from my Quilting Board friends. I'd like to try this.